Seat Leon Cupra R Custom Moulded Splitter

Picked up an LCR splitter from a Seat main dealer for £21, after seeing them fitted to quite a few MG ZR's. I wasn't over keen with how most people had just bolted it on, I wanted a more OEM feel, so I got to work moulding it on. I offered it up and found an excessive amount of force was needed to hold it in place how I wanted it.

To achieve the tight moulded fit to the MG ZR lower splitter, I had to whip out the old heat gun and set about moulding it.

After quite some faffing, it now fits with no gaps even in the upsweeps which is how I wanted it to look, as if it was actually made for the car. On top of adding to the race graphic of the car, it's also a nice edition to the black and red theme.


Centre mounts cut



Centre marked off



Moulded



Well out of shape from the amount of bending taken place




Gadget made to straighten things out




Centre mounts filled and drilled to attach to bumper






Test fit



Fitted







Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.